Green roof maintenance is often overlooked. People either think their green roof simply doesn’t need TLC or green roofs can be just be neglected.
Another common belief when a green roof is struggling is that it is simply a lost cause. Fear NOT.
At TUGC we recommend carrying out maintenance on a bi-annual basis.
Below is an example of a green roof we maintain and the difference before and after maintenance.
- Improve and protect your asset
- Maintain high quality vegetation
- Keep vegetation healthy
- Remove dry and dead thatch to reduce fire risk
- Keep drainage channels clear
- Maintain water attenuation to reduce flood risk
- Improve valuable wildlife habitat areas
- Inspect drainage outlets and other roof features such as PV panels